Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I'm sure there is a name for it.
I'm not sure I want to know what it is...

There is something in me that stops me from doing a thing if there is any doubt in my mind that I will be able to complete it, exactly as I envisioned.

It effects everything from writing this first blog (it has to be witty and insightful),
to cleaning house (I must do it from top to bottom, eco-wise),
to sending thank you cards (I have to make it from scratch, including a clever note or photo),
to calling someone just because I'm thinking of them (it might be too early, or late).

But now that my curiosity is piqued, I just had to look. And here's what I found:

neurotic perfectionists are "unable to feel satisfaction because in their own eyes they never seem to do things [well] enough to warrant that feeling of satisfaction"

Reminds me of the old adage "Good intentions pave the road to Hell".

This blog is to be my rebellion.

My intent is to write with thoughtful abandon, on many topics, hopefully many that you will connect with.

Here goes nothing.

2 comments:

Jody Todd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jody Todd said...

Now that is funny! I do identify with you on most of your thoughts but since I don't want to be neurotic or a perfectionist I chose 'funny'!

I do love the Norwex products I have tried.

The envirocloths are fantastic. I love the ease with which I can clean a surface and know I've murdered those bacteria. Due to my background in Communicable Disease Control I know how harmful many of those bacteria can be.

I also love the window cloth - I can be totally streak free with such ease. I've never found anything that works as well.

The cleaning paste cleaned the grease off our grimy bar-b-que in no time. My husband was amazed.

My latest purchase is the laundry detergent. It works very well in my front loading washer even though it doesn't say H/E on the bag.

Now that I read the post from Eryn and saw the photos regarding the descaler I'm excited to try it. I haven't tried it on the shower door yet but just noticed that our son's shower door needs it.

I'll let you know how it works!

Total Pageviews